Live Classroom – $595.00Register
UST Training has teamed up with our good friends Las Americas Petroleum Services (LAPS) to provide a course that will prepare students to become a Class A/B UST operator in Puerto Rico. Attend this lively, interactive class to learn about UST rules, best management practices and come away with practical advice about being a top notch UST operator. Seating is limited, sign up today! This course is pending approval by the Puerto Rico Environmental Quality Board (EQB).
Why do you have to participate?
The Energy Policy Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-058, signed Aug 8, 2005) establishes that all owners, operators and employees of facilities with underground storage tanks (UST’s) must be duly trained and certified to maintain their facility in operation. This law becomes effective in 2014.
Who must participate?
All owner and operator that has a fuel underground storage tank in their facility.
Why is it beneficial?
- It empowers the owner /operator with knowledge of the regulations pertaining to UST’s.
- Creates awareness of the importance to inspect and maintain their facility in compliance with environmental regulations.
- It helps minimize the environmental impact and the remediation costs involved by detecting situations for potential leak/spill risks.
- Energy Policy Act of 2005
- Leak Detection in Tanks / Lines
- Cathodic Protection Systems
- Overfill and Spill Prevention
- Environmental Regulations (Permits, Documentation, Inspections to
- Exhibition and Presentation of UST system equipments/components
- Benjamin Thomas, Petroleum Tank Training Institute
- Frank Aquino, Las Americas Petroleum Services
- Deborah Caban, Las Americas Petroleum Services
Includes: certificate, binder, lunch, breaks and parking
Cost: $595 per person
Dates: To be announced shortly.
Location: To be announced shortly.